Table of contents:-
What is Extreme Programming?
Extreme programming is an agile software development approach that focuses on improving the quality of life of the development team by producing high quality software that meets the user’s expectations. It incorporates precise engineering practices for the development process.
What are the key aspects of Extreme Programming?
- User stories that are written for the point of view of the customer are very essential. They can be simple, without technical language, and short with about 2-3 sentences.
- A release schedule should be made along with the layout of the overall project which can help to plan the releases and the work accordingly.
- Small yet frequent releases are recommended for effective customer feedback.
- Projects could be divided into loops that are planned before a particular sprint in order to incorporate it when the work starts.
- A dedicated and open workspace should be allotted to the team.
- Every day should be started with a stand-up meeting.
- There needs to be a sustainable pace of delivery.
- The speed of work should be measured constantly.
- ‘Collective Code Ownership’ should be implemented where the staff is trained across different disciplines and constantly rotated in order to avoid exclusivity.
- Designs must be simple and aesthetically pleasing.
- While designing, the CRC cards can be used.
- Unnecessary functions should be avoided.
- Chance and update the design as per requirements.
- Customers and clients should be accessible for constant feedback.
- Agreed standards must be followed while writing code.
- Test-driven approach should be used.
- Source control should be utilized.
- Unit tests must be conducted on all codes.
- All the tests must be passed by the written codes before being processed further.
- Whenever bugs are found, a test should be created around it and then the issue must be resolved.
Q: What is an Extreme programming framework?
A: Extreme programming is an agile software development approach that focuses on improving the quality of life of the development team by producing high quality software that meets the user’s expectations. It incorporates precise engineering practices for the development process.
Q: Who invented the Extreme programming framework?
A: The Extreme programming framework was invented by Kent Beck in the year 1996 while working on his project Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System.