Suppose you’ve ever felt the frustration of getting a team of people to work together effectively. In that case, you know how vital good collaboration software can be.
There are many different options, and knowing which is suitable for your team can be challenging. This is why we’ve put up this list of the best team collaboration tools on the market.
So read on, and find the perfect collaboration software for your team.
Why Do You Need Team Collaboration Software?
Team collaboration software is essential for any team that wants to be productive and efficient. It allows team members to share files, communicates privately or in group chats, and work on projects together.
There are many benefits of using team collaboration software, including:
- Improved communication: Team collaboration software makes it easy for team members to communicate with each other, regardless of where they are—in the same office or around the world.
- Increased productivity: Team collaboration software helps teams work together more efficiently by allowing them to share files, work on projects simultaneously, and track progress.
- Better decision-making: Team collaboration software makes it easy for team members to share their ideas. It also provides feedback to make decisions based on collective input.
- Improved team morale: Team collaboration software helps team members feel connected to each other. They feel motivated to work together, even when they’re not in the same physical space.
- Reduced costs: Team collaboration software can help reduce costs associated with travel and communication.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Team collaboration software can help teams provide better customer service and support, leading to increased customer satisfaction.
Key Features in Team Collaboration Software
The workspace dashboard is one of the essential features of team collaboration software. It provides a central place for team members to see what tasks they need to complete, who is responsible for each task, and the current status of each task. It can be an invaluable tool for keeping everyone on the same page and ensuring tasks get accomplished promptly.
Seamless Document Sharing:
Another critical feature of team collaboration software is the ability to create and share documents. This feature can be an excellent way for teams to share information and work on projects together.
Team collaboration software often includes features that make it easy to track document changes. It can be conducive to preventing mistakes and ensuring that everyone is on the same page.
With feedback, team members can quickly give each other feedback on tasks or projects. It helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
Discussions also allow team members to discuss ideas and brainstorm solutions to problems. It can help to promote creative thinking and problem-solving.
Being able to arrange, save, share, and collaborate on files and content is essential for any team. The best collaboration software solutions will offer two versions so that users can follow the history of changes and comments and ratings on individual files.
Signals and Notifications:
Team collaboration software makes sharing and editing files within the tool easy. But, it may be difficult for users to track all their changes. Keeping up with periodic app checks may be challenging for users. They may continue unaware of problems needing immediate care if they stop tracking.
10 Best Team Collaboration Software
If you’re looking for team collaboration software to help your team work together seamlessly, Chisel is the answer. You don’t have to worry about merging conflicts or losing track of work. Product management software like Chisel is the perfect tool for team collaboration.
Independent decision-making can be complex. You may not always have the best information or know what others think. That’s why learning from others is so important. It’s crucial to get different perspectives and hear what people with different areas of expertise say.
Chisel’s Team Radar pillar can help with this. It offers four separate, linked views of your product to help you rate and understand it better. This way, you can ensure your whole team gets acknowledged and on the same page, ensuring the success of your product.
View of team members in Chisel’s Team Participation tool.
Features view in Chisel’s Team Participation tool.
Suppose you’ve found getting a large group of people or a key member to evaluate particular features challenging. In that case, the Team Participation view in Chisel may be helpful.
This view provides ratings of each feature from team members and the percentage of the team that gave each rating. Additionally, it allows you to invite others to vote on features.
Here’s how easy it is to add and manage feedback from your team.
If you’re looking for a way to get feedback from your team about your product or features, Chisel’s Your Feedback tool is a great option. With this tool, team members can easily rate features and add feedback. Your score is also easily visible and not hard to track.
This way, you can see your team’s thoughts about the product and make changes accordingly. Everybody’s opinion is heard and valued, and you can ensure that your product is the best it can be.
The alignment matrix is a great way to see which features are most important to your users. By comparing a feature’s score with how highly everyone rated that feature, you can quickly prioritize which features to work on first. It is an excellent tool for keeping your development focused on the essential features of your users.
There’s a good reason why Slack has just become well-known. For companies of all sizes, this application is among the most well-liked instant messaging and collaboration solutions.
Slack is simple to use and provides various features that make communication and collaboration easy. With Slack, you can create channels for different projects or teams, search through past conversations, and add integrations with other applications.
- Slack allows for direct drag-and-drop integration of many different file formats, including pictures, videos, PDFs, and spreadsheets.
- This team collaboration software is perfect for confidential communication. It allows for individual chat and has a video and voice call feature that supports up to 15 people at once.
- The video screen sharing feature allows for more effective and clear communication.
- The app also has a quick search feature for future use. You can customize the notification settings according to each individual’s needs.
- Slack integrates with over 900 tools and apps to reduce the number of extra tabs on your screen.
- More than 2000 integrations to other software and services.
The Free Version is available.
Pro subscriptions cost $8.75 per user per month.
Annual Pro subscriptions cost $7.25 per month per user.
Hive is a team collaboration software that helps businesses manage projects and boost productivity. It is a hybrid of project management and artificial intelligence, combining capabilities such as automated task management, custom workflows, templates, messaging, and collaboration.
- Hive makes it easy to view projects, with various views available, including Gantt charts, Kanban boards, calendars, tables, and portfolio views.
- You can add attachments, dependencies, sub-actions, and comments to action cards, making project management more straightforward and efficient.
- The software is accessible via desktop, mobile, and web applications, making it easy to keep track of projects no matter where you are.
- Timesheets and timekeeping are built into the software, making it easy to track how much time you spend on each project.
- Hive templates make it simple to repeat activities and projects, ensuring that you’re always working on the most efficient and up-to-date projects.
- Hive allows team members to amend tasks, invite outside contributors, and manage viewing access.
- The software promotes teamwork by keeping everyone informed and providing immediate feedback.
Solo Plan: Free forever
Team Plan: $12, per user, per month, if billed annually.
Enterprise Plan: Contact sales.
Drag can help you stay organized by transforming each email into a corresponding task. And using Kanban boards can make managing these tasks even more accessible.
By setting up a shared inbox, you and your team can quickly triage emails and decide what needs to get done. Plus, the tool integrates with your Google Calendar to update you on deadlines.
- Drag turns your inbox into a Kanban board, making it easy to visualize your process and add tasks.
- With Drag, you can manage all team emails related to CRM, project management, support, or help desk in a shared inbox.
- You can add tasks from your email inbox by creating custom boards. Use the internal team chat feature to add comments, mention pertinent team members, and give immediate feedback.
- Tasks can be given color codes and categorized according to their urgency or whatever works best for you to remain on track.
- Drag integrates with your Google Calendar, so you can easily see any items with a due date on your calendar.
- With Drag, users can quickly move emails into cards and columns using drag-and-drop operations instead of moving back and forth between lists. The possibility of losing, forgetting, or burying crucial information or messages at the bottom of the email list gets eliminated, giving people more control over what they choose to work on.
- Drag converts the inbox of Gmail into a Kanban board, making it easier to sort, classify, and prioritize emails.
Free Version is available.
Starter Plan: Subscription fee of $5 per user, billed annually.
Plus Plan: Subscription fee of $10 per user, billed annually.
Pro Plan: Subscription fee of $15 per user, billed annually.
Nuclino is an excellent tool for gathering your team’s knowledge, documents, and projects in one place. Compared to other team collaboration tools, it is user-friendly and includes several features.
With Nuclino, you can create a knowledge base for your business, collaborate on documents in real-time, onboard new staff, and more.
- Nuclino makes managing a team’s permissions easy by defining roles and limiting edit access. When managing a large team, dividing your team members into groups and assigning them tasks is simple.
- Nuclino is the perfect tool for real-time team collaboration. You can see the changes as you type them.
- With Nuclino, you can easily keep track of comments and mentions while working together.
- Nuclino’s List, Board, and Graph views make it easy to organize your work and fit it into your team’s workflow.
- Nuclino integrates seamlessly with your team’s other platforms, such as Slack, Figma, or Google Drive.
Free Version is available.
Standard Version: $5 per user, per month, billed annually.
This virtual tool allows teams to collaborate visually and come up with answers to their challenges or difficulties. Some main reasons why creative teams use Mural include the ability to draw clear yet thorough diagrams and the ability to toss forth ideas in a virtual, collaborative setting.
- Mural is a digital whiteboard that integrates many traditional whiteboard tools into your collaborative workspace for brainstorming.
- The menu panel features versatile tools such as Sticky Notes, Title, Text Box, Comment, Shapes, Connectors, and Frameworks.
- Meeting hosts and admins may make sessions more enjoyable, participatory, and beneficial with Mural.
- Mural is a powerful online workspace that lets you connect with your team and collaborate on projects.
OKR planning template
- You can use various flexible tools, including sharing a workspace, commenting on a canvas, group chat, and audio calls.
- You can integrate multiple apps in your projects with Mural, including Google Calendar, Google Drive, Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Adobe Creative Cloud Library.
Free Version is available.
Team+ Plan: $9.99 per user per month if billed annually.
Business Plan: $17.99 per user per month if billed annually.
Enterprise Plan: Contact sales to get your customized plan.
If you manage a remote team, Miro may be a valuable tool. Miro is a platform that helps with agile processes and online collaboration. It offers digital sticky notes that you can use to plan and manage projects.
It can help keep track of tasks and deadlines. And, because Miro is online, it’s easy to share with team members located in different places.
- Miro is a great way to start a new project. It gives you a limitless canvas to brainstorm and work with team members.
- Miro enables a variety of methods your mind might wander creatively in place of using lists, including mind mapping, agile workflows, whiteboarding, and more.
- The board allows team members to contribute their ideas actively, and you may all further communicate via text, phone, or video chats.
- Miro is an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to work with popular tools like Box, Dropbox, Google Suite, Slack, and Sketch.
- Miro is an excellent tool for managing agile workflows and procedures.
- Users can instantly upload images, PDFs, Office documents, movies (from Vimeo or YouTube), and Google Drive documents.
- You can build mind maps, organizational charts, and various planning tasks using Miro.
Free Version: Available.
Team Plan: $8 per user per month billed annually.
Business Plan: $16 per user per month billed annually.
Enterprise Plan: Contact the sales team.
8. Zoho Projects
Suppose you’re looking for a cloud-based project management software that offers a variety of features and tools. In that case, Zoho Projects is a great option.
This software allows you to plan, monitor easily, and collaborate with your team from any location. Plus, you can add attachments and comments to responses and use forums for exchanging longer posts.
Plus, you can easily arrange the postings on forums in folders. These tools make it easy to keep your team informed and productive without wasting time.
- Zoho Projects enables you to automate tasks, which means you can choose when to add a task or event reminder.
- The tool is renowned for its Blueprint Features, which aim to automate numerous operations by setting up the workflow.
- Blueprint Features enable you to create your blueprint by making the process flow, configuring the setting, and so on.
- With Gantt Charts, you can check every aspect of project management, including task lists, milestones, overdue tasks, completeness status, and dependencies.
- Zoho Projects’ built-in chat feature makes idea sharing simple.
- You can establish Chat rooms for individuals or groups
- The repository can store project information, including references, requirements, and concepts.
- The software provides tools for generating and sharing files, working together on papers and spreadsheets, and creating presentations.
The free Version is available for up to 3 users.
Premium Version: $4 per user per month billed annually.
Enterprise Version: $9 per user per month billed annually.
If you’re looking for a new way to manage your projects and tasks, you may want to check out Podio. Podio is a cloud-based platform employed by over 500,000 businesses to help with everything from project management to corporate divisions. It’s an excellent tool for teams of all sizes and can help improve communication and accountability in your workplace.
- Podio is a project management tool that employs an agile approach to track and manage the work process.
- It doesn’t stick to just one design. Still, it increases your possibilities by introducing tools like a kanban dashboard for better task scheduling and oversight.
- Podio improves communication inside your company and simplifies your life regarding time management and resource allocation.
- Podio offers Automated Workflows to save time and resources or to lessen the hassle and errors brought on by human factors.
- Timesheets can track how much time an employee spends on a given task.
- Podio improves communication and management using platforms like GoToMeeting and Google Calendar.
Free Version is available.
Basic Plan: $7.20 per user per month billed annually.
Plus Plan: $11.20 per user per month billed annually.
Premium Plan: $19.20 user per month billed annually.
Effy is performance review and 360 feedback software that facilitates collaboration. Ready-to-use templates and pre-built reports help customers save valuable time, drive employee development, and avoid expensive staffing mistakes.
- Multi-source feedback to get a full and fair picture of employee performance. Start assessing hard and soft skills on your team. After collecting feedback, you can create a development plan for your team
- Collect feedback without leaving Slack or Teams. All questionnaires come to Slack or Teams, it is very convenient to give feedback
- Plan 1-1 or team meetings, prepare an agenda and record the results in Effy. This will help keep stories and agreements.
Free: $0 per month. Free forever. Maximum – 10 users.
Team Plan: $45 per month, Maximum – 50 users.
Scale: $675 per month. Included 100 user. Additional $4 / user / month
Business: $1,485 per month. Included 300 users. Additional $3 / user / month
There are a lot of great team collaboration software options out there. But which one is the best? It depends on your needs and preferences.
In the end, the best team collaboration software is the one that works best for you and your team. Consider your team’s needs and preferences and choose the software to help you achieve your goals.